Events are a great way to celebrate and have fun, and are held for a range of reasons, such as:
· opening of an art exhibition
· celebration, concert etc
· conference or information sessions
· launch of a new information website, report or plan
· promotion of a new service or project
· official launch of an open day, field day or trade display
· awards ceremony or dinner
· celebration of milestones in projects.
Before you start out, it is important to know that every event is different – what works for one event may not work for another. Putting on a successful event comes from careful planning, strong organisation, lots of support and even a bit of luck to get it all right on the day!
In this section you will find many resources designed to help you to plan, organise and run an event. However, no single resource can tell you everything you need to know. You may want to talk to some other people who have experience in the area, to get some advice and support – this will help ensure your event is all you hope it to be!